Who fishes inshore on their ski?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who fishes inshore on their ski?

I haven't taken the plunge yet with jetski fishing, but most of the pictures and videos I have seen online show people fishing lakes or offshore. I haven't really seen any inshore saltwater fishing. I gather that you need at least three feet of water to safely navigate a jetski. If this is true, then that eliminates a lot of flats and marsh that would be available to a true skiff. But, a lot of fishermen like to run bay boats up to the edges of the flats and then wade.

I would like to hear from those who fish inshore, or who have thought about it, from a jetski. What has been your experience? Positive or negative?

Inshore fishing

Originally posted by Tarzan View Post
    I haven't taken the plunge yet with jetski fishing, but most of the pictures and videos I have seen online show people fishing lakes or offshore. I haven't really seen any inshore saltwater fishing. I gather that you need at least three feet of water to safely navigate a jetski. If this is true, then that eliminates a lot of flats and marsh that would be available to a true skiff. But, a lot of fishermen like to run bay boats up to the edges of the flats and then wade.

I would like to hear from those who fish inshore, or who have thought about it, from a jetski. What has been your experience? Positive or negative?
    My son just purchase handyman's 2008 vx deluxe all rigged for fishing. What a nice ski and as soon as weather warms will post on inshore fishing. Thanks Daniel for the great jet ski and I plan on joining him on a seadoo ski or possibly a Yamaha SUV all rigged out if Handyman decides to sell.

Comment

Working...
    X